Builder in a Bottle in One Day(from
During this Module we will cover –
- Product Knowledge
- How to choose the right BIAB for your salon
- How to upsell BIAB services in your salon
- Pricing your BIAB services
- BIAB Overlays
- BIAB Extensions
- Rebalancing BIAB
- Removing BIAB
- How to use BIAB to encapsulate nail art
- Plus FAQs and how to troubleshoot common beginner mistakes
Your fees include –
- 4.5 Hours of lessons with an Educator. Mentors are available in Mangawhai, Auckland, Tairua, Te Awamutu, Whakatane, Wellington, Culverden and Dunedin. Alternatively, one of our wonderful Mentors can travel to you by prior arrangement. Email us [email protected] before you enrol to confirm the cost of petrol or flights, travel time, accommodation and food allowance as well as the availability of a Mentor at a time that works for you.
- 13+ Hours of Video Content – See demonstrations from multiple angles. Rewatch as often as you want, practice, and then always have that resource to go back to. Plus, having the demos pre-recorded means more productive time with your Mentor in-person where they can assist you directly without needing to show you everything from scratch.
- Online manuals to complement all lessons
- 7-Day access to Educators in our Student Facebook Group
- All product used during one-on-one sessions
- The opportunity to repeat classes in our online group sessions for free for 12 months
- Unlimited attempts at your Assessments – one in person and then any further attempts online
Important Note –
A few of the videos in this module (all shorter ones, thankfully) have an audio echo. We must have bumped a setting or something, because they’re all from one particular filming session and the audio is fine in videos shot before and after that session.
We have discussed re-shooting them, but, as a team, have come to the conclusion that as the majority of these were adlibbed and we are proud of the information they contain, we don’t want to re-shoot and end up with an inferior level of information in the new video. It’s always hard to make the same adlib magic twice! We have discovered that the echo varies in effect between listening devices, so if it is significant for you, try with and without headphones or on a different device if you can.
We hope you still enjoy the course!
How does it work?
Within 2 business days of enrolling, you will receive access to the online components of your course, which you can access by logging into this website. Start working through the content in the order it appears. You will work through these super thorough online study materials before you attend any live one-on-one lessons. These study materials will be comprised of texts, videos and quizzes. You will have access to your Mentors via email, phone and our Facebook Group.
Once you complete the video content, you will attend your half-day in-person training. Those Lessons can be booked around the availability of both yourself and your Mentor.
The schedule runs as follows –
8am-11am – Student to watch all videos in ‘Compulsory Sections’
11am – Lunch
12pm – Structured BIAB Overlay (Both hands, Model 1 – Second hand to be applied at two-week growth line)
2pm – Backfill (Second hand, Model 1)
3.30pm – Removal (Both hands, Model 1)
4.30pm – BIAB Assessment (Both hands, Model 1 or 2)
6pm (Approx) – Finish
If you watch the videos in advance, you can start your lessons at any earlier time, just arrange this with your Mentor in advance.
If you travel to a Mentor in their hometown, models will be supplied for you. If a Mentor travels to you in your own hometown, you will need to supply all models.
Kits/Product to Learn With
Our training is product-neutral. We demonstrate with Artistic Nail Design products such as Colour Gloss but it’s important to us that your education is the priority and brand loyalty is a bonus.
You will need products to complete your course. We would love that to be the products that we sell, we just understand that some of you will already have products and some of you are working for salons already. We don’t want to force anyone to pay for products they don’t need.
Your options during lessons are as follows –
- If you want to buy a kit to set yourself up from home, you can do so under ‘Add Ons’ by the Add to Cart button on this page. The kit includes everything you need to practice the skills learned during lessons. The items are full size, but we anticipate you using up some items during training. We don’t anticipate you running out of anything – this should be all you need.
- You don’t have to buy everything at once (although it’s cheaper). You can buy items separately as you go, and you’ll find a Recommended Kit List inside the Module.
- You can use your own supplies during lessons as long as they are from a professional-only brand. You can post in our Facebook Group after enrolment to confirm appropriate brands.
You can pay using a credit card, bank transfer or LayBuy.
How BIAB Fits Into Your Salon
- What IS Builder In a Bottle
- Is BIAB Right For Your Salon?
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Brand – Bottled VS Potted
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Brand – Viscosity
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Brand – Flexibility
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Brand – Colour
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Brand – Prep Methods
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Brand – Required Maintenance
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Brand – Removal Method
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Brand – You Need A New Lamp
- Exothermic Reactions
- FAQ – Are there any ingredients in BIAB that can cause damage to the natural nail?
- When to Choose BIAB For Your Clients
- Nailbiters and BIAB
- BIAB vs IBX
- How to Price BIAB Services
BIAB Overlays - Compulsory Section
- Natural Nail Prep
- Natural Nail Prep for Artistic Correction Gel
- Natural Nail Prep – Written Steps
- The Two Types of Overlays
- Simple BIAB Overlay – Introduction
- Simple BIAB Overlay – Video
- Simple BIAB Overlay – Written Steps
- Simple BIAB Overlay – Self Evaluation
- FAQ – Can we flash cure BIAB?
- FAQ – How thick should your application be?
- Just a Reminder
- Structured Overlay – Introduction
- Structured Overlay – Video
- Structured Overlay – Written Steps
- Structured Overlay – Self Evaluation
- FAQ – How can I achieve smooth application?
- Cold VS Warm BIAB
- FAQ – How thick should this product be in the stress area?
- FAQ – What are my options for completing a BIAB service, eg top coats?
- Full Structured Overlay in Real Time – Not Compulsory
- Introduction to BIAB Extensions
- Applying Forms
- BIAB Extensions with Forms – Introduction
- BIAB Extensions with Forms – Video
- BIAB Extensions With Forms – Written Steps
- Applying Tips
- BIAB Extensions with Tips – Introduction
- BIAB Extensions with Tips – Video
- BIAB Extensions With Tips – Written Steps
- Full Set of Extensions in Real Time
- BIAB Extensions With Tips or Forms – Self Evaluation
Maintaining BIAB - Compulsory Section
- Backfills – Introduction
- Overlay Backfill – Video
- Overlay Backfill with an E-File
- Extensions Backfill – Video
- Backfills – Written Steps
- Backfills – Self Evaluation
- FAQ – How can you tell if you need to soak off and start again instead of backfilling?
- FAQ – How do we check for developing infections if we only backfill?
- How to Soak Off BIAB – Introduction
- How to Soak Off BIAB – Video
- How To Soak Off BIAB – Written Steps
- Full Removal in Real Time – Not Compulsory
- BIAB Removal – Self Evaluation
- Blood Spill Drill
- Blood Spill Drill Answers