Builder in a Bottle Upskilling for Qualified Nail Techs(from
Click here to view our InstaWOF – A 10-Point Instagram Health Check
This training is for qualified Nail Technicians who want to update their skills.
This could be for one of several reasons – perhaps you qualified a long time ago and feel like your training is out of date. Perhaps you’ve taken a break away from the industry and need a refresher. Or maybe you trained elsewhere and feel your original training wasn’t as thorough as you would have liked or you just want a different point of view.
During this Module we will cover –
- Product Knowledge
- How to choose the right BIAB for your salon
- How to upsell BIAB services in your salon
- Pricing your BIAB services
- BIAB Overlays
- BIAB Extensions
- Rebalancing BIAB
- Removing BIAB
- How to use BIAB to encapsulate nail art
- Plus FAQs and how to troubleshoot common beginner mistakes
Your fees include –
- 13+ Hours of Video Content
- Online manuals to complement all lessons
- 7-Day access to Educators in our Student Facebook Group
After completing the pre-recorded content, you can choose to book an optional three-hour group video call with one of our Mentors for $49, or a one-on-one video call for $80 per hour. We use these sessions to troubleshoot any issues you have been having.
We require that you complete the online content first as it may answer many of your questions and solve many of the issues you are troubleshooting, leaving you able to make the most of your in-person session by only using it for skills you haven’t yet mastered.
Your time with a Mentor is completely customised to suit your needs and have you leaving confident and ready to go!
Important Note –
A few of the videos in this module (all shorter ones, thankfully) have an audio echo. We must have bumped a setting or something, because they’re all from one particular filming session and the audio is fine in videos shot before and after that session.
We have discussed re-shooting them, but, as a team, have come to the conclusion that as the majority of these were adlibbed and we are proud of the information they contain, we don’t want to re-shoot and end up with an inferior level of information in the new video. It’s always hard to make the same adlib magic twice! We have discovered that the echo varies in effect between listening devices, so if it is significant for you, try with and without headphones or on a different device if you can.
We hope you still enjoy the course!
Are products included?
Not in the course fees, but you can add a Kit if needed.
The reason for this is that our training is product neutral. We teach with Artistic Perfect Dip but it’s important to us that your education is the priority and brand loyalty is a bonus.
You will need product to complete your course online. We would love that to be the products that we sell, we just understand that some of you will already have product and some of you are working for salons already. We don’t want to force anyone to pay for product they don’t need.
If you want to buy a kit to set yourself up from home, you can do so under ‘Add Ons’ by the Add to Cart button on this page. The kit includes everything you need to practice the skills learned during lessons. The items are full size, but we anticipate you using up some items during training. We don’t anticipate you running out of anything – this should be all you need.
Alternatively you can buy items separately as you go (you’ll find a Recommended Kit List inside the Module), or you can use your own supplies.
Will I receive a certificate?
Yes, but you will be required to show proof of existing qualification first and pass our The Theory of Nails exam, which you can attempt once for free. If you don’t pass, The Theory of Nails is $49 and exam re-sits are unlimited for 12 months.
You can pay using a credit card, bank transfer or LayBuy.
How BIAB Fits Into Your Salon
- What IS Builder In a Bottle
- Is BIAB Right For Your Salon?
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Brand – Bottled VS Potted
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Brand – Viscosity
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Brand – Flexibility
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Brand – Colour
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Brand – Prep Methods
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Brand – Required Maintenance
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Brand – Removal Method
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Brand – You Need A New Lamp
- Exothermic Reactions
- FAQ – Are there any ingredients in BIAB that can cause damage to the natural nail?
- When to Choose BIAB For Your Clients
- Nailbiters and BIAB
- BIAB vs IBX
- How to Price BIAB Services
- Natural Nail Prep
- Natural Nail Prep for Artistic Correction Gel
- Natural Nail Prep – Written Steps
- The Two Types of Overlays
- Simple BIAB Overlay – Introduction
- Simple BIAB Overlay – Video
- Simple BIAB Overlay – Written Steps
- Simple BIAB Overlay – Self Evaluation
- FAQ – Can we flash cure BIAB?
- FAQ – How thick should your application be?
- Just a Reminder
- Structured Overlay – Introduction
- Structured Overlay – Video
- Structured Overlay – Written Steps
- Structured Overlay – Self Evaluation
- FAQ – How can I achieve smooth application?
- Cold VS Warm BIAB
- FAQ – How thick should this product be in the stress area?
- FAQ – What are my options for completing a BIAB service, eg top coats?
- Full Structured Overlay in Real Time
- Introduction to BIAB Extensions
- Applying Forms
- BIAB Extensions with Forms – Introduction
- BIAB Extensions with Forms – Video
- BIAB Extensions With Forms – Written Steps
- Applying Tips
- BIAB Extensions with Tips – Introduction
- BIAB Extensions with Tips – Video
- BIAB Extensions With Tips – Written Steps
- Full Set of Extensions in Real Time
- BIAB Extensions With Tips or Forms – Self Evaluation
- Backfills – Introduction
- Overlay Backfill – Video
- Overlay Backfill with an E-File
- Extensions Backfill – Video
- Backfills – Written Steps
- Backfills – Self Evaluation
- FAQ – How can you tell if you need to soak off and start again instead of backfilling?
- FAQ – How do we check for developing infections if we only backfill?
- How to Soak Off BIAB – Introduction
- How to Soak Off BIAB – Video
- How To Soak Off BIAB – Written Steps
- Full Removal in Real Time
- BIAB Removal – Self Evaluation
- Blood Spill Drill
- Blood Spill Drill Answers