Mastering Dipping Systems (SNS) – Comprehensive Course Pre-Sept 2023(from
Please Note – This course is not available to new enrolments.
For our current course offerings, please click here.
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Our Dipping Systems training is flexible and self-guided, with pre-recorded and live educator-led components.
Note that SNS is a well-known brand of Dip, such that people think SNS and Dip are one and the same. We do not teach with the SNS brand, but our Dip training is product-neutral and gives you a basis for all brands.
This Module is suitable for complete beginners with no experience.
What does Short VS Comprehensive mean?
Short courses are quicker and cheaper than a comprehensive course. We consider Short Courses to be a way for everyone to get a foot in the door, no matter your time or budget constraints. Short Courses are more self-guided, where it is up to you to ask for support and monitor your progress.
Comprehensive Courses have a guarantee of quality. Between pre-recorded videos, live lessons, free repeats on live lessons, portfolio submissions, exams and free repeats on exams, there is no way that you will not be a great Nail Tech when that certificate goes on your wall.
During this Module we will cover –
- The science behind Dipping Systems such as SNS and Artistic Perfect Dip
- How to apply a Dip Overlay
- How to maintain Dip Manicures
- How to remove Dip
- How to extend the natural nail with Dip
- How to create an ombre effect with Dip
Your fees include –
- 2 x 3-Hour Live Lessons. These are completed online with the help of a Mentor, who will guide you through practicing each skill for the first time.
- 7+ Hours of Video Content. Pre-recorded Demo videos allow you to see a demonstration from multiple angles, up close, and with the benefit of rewatching.
- 7-Day Support via our Facebook Group. We have a beautiful, unparalleled community of like-minded folk in there, ready to welcome you.
- 5-Day Support via Email and Phone
- The opportunity to repeat classes for free for 12 months subject to availability.
This course does not include –
- A Portfolio Submission requirement.
- A Practical Exam component – we don’t feel this is necessary for Dip.
- A Kit. Our courses are brand neutral and we don’t want to force you to pay for products that you don’t want or need. However, we do sell Artistic Nail Design products and kits are available if you choose to add them.
How does it work?
Within 2 business days of enrolling, you will receive access to the online components of your course, which you can access by logging into this website. You can work through the content at your leisure.
You will occasionally see markers that say ‘It’s time to book a lesson’. These refer to the live, Mentor-led Zoom Lessons. There will be instructions on how to book. We have a range of options available, with weekend, evening and weekday lessons available for you to pick and choose from.
You can also see a breakdown of all lessons by downloading a Lesson Guide from our Student Resources page.
What if I’m not good enough?
Your live lessons are where, after watching the pre-recorded demonstrations, a Mentor can help you in real-time. There’s a misconception that you need to be good before you join a lesson but this is definitely false! A lesson is where your Mentor guides you through practicing for the first time – you’re not supposed to be a master.
Once you’ve completed all lessons within a module, you are allowed to repeat them for free until the end of your 12-month Study Period, which will also help with your confidence.
Where are the courses held?
Our online courses are 100% Online including pre-recorded, live and exam components. Complete from your home or salon, no matter where you are.
Will I get a Certificate?
This Module is part of the Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology. A Sticker to add to your Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology certificate is included with this course, available after all criteria are met.
If you would like a certificate additional to the Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology qualification, you can purchase one in the ‘Certificates’ category of our online Shop. For comprehensive courses, this is an A4 Certificate.
Is there a Payment Plan?
- Virtual Classrooms
- How to Get Extra Support
- Time Management
- The History of Dipping
- Are Dipping Systems Any Good?
- Let’s Talk About Hygiene
- Blood Spill Drill
- Blood Spill Drill Answers
- Cost per Service and Suggested Pricing
- Cost per Service Calculator
- Can I Dip If I’m Not Trained in Acrylic?
The Science Behind Dipping Systems
- Natural Nail Preparation
- Natural Nail Overlay – Introduction
- Natural Nail Overlay – Video
- Natural Nail Overlay – Written Steps
- Natural Nail Overlay Cheat Sheet
- Natural Nail Overlay – Self Evaluation
- Natural Nail Overlay on Weak Nails
- Natural Nail Overlay on Weak Nails Cheat Sheet
- Adding Strength Cheat Sheet
- It’s Time to Book a Lesson!
- Need Help?
- Natural Nail Overlay with French Finish – Introduction
- Natural Nail Overlay with French Finish – Video
- Natural Nail Overlay with French Finish – Written Steps
- Natural Nail Overlay with French Finish Cheat Sheet
- Natural Nail Overlay with French Finish – Self Evaluation
- Evidence of ‘Stain Resistance’!
- How to Apply Tips (from Tech Booster: Hard Gel)
- Tip & Overlay Extensions
- Male Manicures
- Artistic Nail Design ‘Perfect Dip’ Handout
- Cloudy Top Coat
- Layers Not Setting
- Nail Art Over the Top
- Pitting in the Top Coat
- Sculpting with Monomer
- Lauren – Why would a Dip Nail crumble at the tip?
- Stella – My Removal is taking FOREVER!
- Stella – What product should I use to embed a Glitter Fade?
- Stella – Which Top Coat should I use over Water-Based Paints?
- Stella – Is there a way I can get around Gel Polish Top Coat peeling?
- Vana – Lifting at the Free Edge
- Amanda – My Top Coat isn’t as shiny as I’m used to?
- Need Help?