Comprehensive Dipping Systems (SNS) Upskilling For Qualified Nail Techs(from
Click to read our article ‘Top 5 Things to Consider When Choosing a Course’
This training is for qualified Nail Technicians who want to update their skills.
This could be for one of several reasons – perhaps you qualified a long time ago and feel like your training is out of date. Perhaps you’ve taken a break away from the industry and need a refresher. Or maybe you trained elsewhere and feel your original training wasn’t as thorough as you would have liked or you just want a different point of view.
During this Module we will cover –
- The science behind Dipping Systems such as SNS and Artistic Perfect Dip
- How to apply a Dip Overlay
- How to maintain Dip Manicures
- How to remove Dip
- How to extend the natural nail with Dip
- How to create an ombre effect with Dip
Your fees include –
- 2 x 3-Hour Lessons – These are completed online via our Virtual Classroom video link. They are run by a Mentor (a high-scoring Graduate who we trust to work with our new students). The Mentor will demonstrate the skill you are learning that day and work with you to master it on your model.
- 7+ Hours of Video Content to complement all lessons as well as bonus content
- Online manuals to complement all lessons
- 7-Day access to Educators in our Student Facebook Group
- The opportunity to repeat classes for free for 12 months subject to availability.
How does it work?
Within 2 business days of enrolling, you will receive access to the online components of your course, which you can access by logging into this website. Start working through the modules in the order they appear. You will occasionally see markers that say ‘It’s time to book a Lesson’ (which refers to a 3-Hour block with an Educator or Mentor via our Virtual Classroom). There will be instructions on how to book.
Lessons can be booked with complete flexibility around your own needs and availability. You might choose to attend only mornings, only afternoons, only weekends, or a total mix and match – it’s entirely up to you. Lessons are most frequently available from 10am-1pm and 2pm-5pm but we do also have a small number of sessions available on weekends and evenings (6-9pm and 9am-5pm).
You can also see a breakdown of all lessons by downloading a Lesson Guide from our Student Resources page.
What is a Virtual Classroom?
Essentially, a direct video link to a mentor. You tune in with a link we provide using the camera on your phone. We can see what you’re doing. You can what we’re doing. We can see your mistakes and show you in real time how to fix them. If you live near another student – get together at the same house/salon and stream in together!
To get the best out of your Virtual Classroom experience, I would also suggest getting an Octopus Tripod from Trade Me (they’re under $5), attaching your phone to it, and attaching the Octopus to your overhead desk light so that your phone camera is facing down over your work space. Make sure your phone can be plugged in to its charger from your desk and that you have a good wifi signal.
Are products included?
Not in the course fees, but you can add a Kit if needed.
The reason for this is that our training is product-neutral. We teach with Artistic Nail Design products such as Colour Gloss but it’s important to us that your education is the priority and brand loyalty is a bonus.
You will need product to complete your course online. We would love that to be the products that we sell, we just understand that some of you will already have product and some of you are working for salons already. We don’t want to force anyone to pay for product they don’t need.
If you want to buy a kit to set yourself up from home, you can do so under ‘Add Ons’ by the Add to Cart button on this page. The kit includes everything you need to practice the skills learned during lessons. The items are full size, but we anticipate you using up some items during training. We don’t anticipate you running out of anything – this should be all you need.
Alternatively you can buy items separately as you go (you’ll find a Recommended Kit List inside the Module), or you can use your own supplies.
You can pay using a credit card, bank transfer or LayBuy.
- Virtual Classrooms
- How to Get Extra Support
- Time Management
- The History of Dipping
- Are Dipping Systems Any Good?
- Let’s Talk About Hygiene
- Blood Spill Drill
- Blood Spill Drill Answers
- Cost per Service and Suggested Pricing
- Cost per Service Calculator
- Can I Dip If I’m Not Trained in Acrylic?
The Science Behind Dipping Systems
- Natural Nail Preparation
- Natural Nail Overlay – Introduction
- Natural Nail Overlay – Video
- Natural Nail Overlay – Written Steps
- Natural Nail Overlay Cheat Sheet
- Natural Nail Overlay – Self Evaluation
- Natural Nail Overlay on Weak Nails
- Natural Nail Overlay on Weak Nails Cheat Sheet
- Adding Strength Cheat Sheet
- It’s Time to Book a Lesson!
- Natural Nail Overlay with French Finish – Introduction
- Natural Nail Overlay with French Finish – Video
- Natural Nail Overlay with French Finish – Written Steps
- Natural Nail Overlay with French Finish Cheat Sheet
- Natural Nail Overlay with French Finish – Self Evaluation
- Evidence of ‘Stain Resistance’!
- How to Apply Tips (from Tech Booster: Hard Gel)
- Tip & Overlay Extensions
- Male Manicures
- Artistic Nail Design ‘Perfect Dip’ Handout
- Cloudy Top Coat
- Layers Not Setting
- Nail Art Over the Top
- Pitting in the Top Coat
- Sculpting with Monomer
- Lauren – Why would a Dip Nail crumble at the tip?
- Stella – My Removal is taking FOREVER!
- Stella – What product should I use to embed a Glitter Fade?
- Stella – Which Top Coat should I use over Water-Based Paints?
- Stella – Is there a way I can get around Gel Polish Top Coat peeling?
- Vana – Lifting at the Free Edge
- Amanda – My Top Coat isn’t as shiny as I’m used to?