Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology – One on One(from
The Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology is our most popular and most thorough qualification, covering manicures, pedicures, dipping systems, gel polish, hard gel, acrylic and polygel.
Our most successful Graduates tend to come from the Foundation Certificate with many running their own businesses and others working for well-known salons such as Leah Light Nails and Beauty.
Our training is flexible and self-guided, with online and educator-led components.
Your fees include the following Modules –
- The Theory of Nails
- Manicures and Pedicures
- Mastering Acrylic
- Dipping Systems
- Mastering Hard Gel
- Mastering PolyGel
Combined, these include –
- 27 x 3-Hour Lessons – These are live lessons that can be completed in-person in Auckland, Papamoa, Tauranga or Tairua or online via our Virtual Classroom video link. Your Mentor will demonstrate the skill you are learning that day and work with you to master it on your model.
- 53 Hours of Video Content to compliment all lessons
- Online manuals to complement all lessons
- Access to Educators in our Student Facebook Group
- All product used during one-on-one sessions
- The opportunity to repeat classes in our online group sessions for free for 12 months
- Unlimited attempts at your Assessments
We are happy for you to spread your classes out to help with budget and time constraints. Click here to find out more.
How does it work?
You can see a breakdown of all lessons by downloading a Lesson Guide from our Student Resources page.
If you are travelling to us for Lessons or just want to complete them all at once, you are absolutely able to do so, you just need to complete the online content first.
How long does the course take?
This is entirely up to you, the full Foundation Certificate has around 50-60 hours worth of videos, 81 hours of live lessons, supporting texts and then you need to practice. If you committed an 8 hour day each week to the course and spent 3 hours of that day watching videos and 5 hours practising, it would take 22 weeks to complete the content and then an extra day or two to sit Assessments. Let’s call that 6 months. Some people go great guns and finish it in a couple of months, some do it in shorter bursts and take a year, and some set aside a full week every few months and do it that way.
Kits/Product to Learn With
Our training is product-neutral. We demonstrate with Artistic Nail Design products such as Colour Gloss but it’s important to us that your education is the priority and brand loyalty is a bonus.
You will need products to complete your course. We would love that to be the products that we sell, we just understand that some of you will already have products and some of you are working for salons already. We don’t want to force anyone to pay for products they don’t need.
Your options during lessons are as follows –
- If you want to buy a kit to set yourself up from home, you can do so under ‘Add Ons’ by the Add to Cart button on this page. The kit includes everything you need to practice the skills learned during lessons. The items are full size, but we anticipate you using up some items during training. We don’t anticipate you running out of anything – this should be all you need.
- You don’t have to buy everything at once (although it’s cheaper). You can buy items separately as you go, and you’ll find a Recommended Kit List inside the Module.
- You can use your own supplies during lessons as long as they are from a professional-only brand. You can post in our Facebook Group after enrolment to confirm appropriate brands.
Humm’s ‘Big Things’ programme allows you to pay off up to $6,000 over up to 12 months, meaning you can enrol in the full course AND get the optional kit and pay them off interest-free.
Create an account with them before clicking Enrol on your course for an easy checkout.