Upskill to Hard Gel in Three Days(from
If you have not previously done a course that covered Acrylic, Hard Gel or PolyGel Extensions, please enrol in the comprehensive version of this course.
This One-Day version is designed to upskill a beginner who has already done Acrylic or PolyGel and just needs to convert their existing Extension Training to another system.
During this Module we will cover –
- Picking up beads
- Natural-look Extensions
- French Extensions
- Filing and Structure
- Backfills (2-3 Weekly Maintenance)
- Rebalances (2-3 Weekly Maintenance for French Extensions)
- Fixing Cracks and Breaks
- Safe Hard Gel Removal
Your fees include –
- 7 Hours of lessons with an Educator. Mentors are available in Mangawhai, Auckland, Tairua, Te Awamutu, Whakatane, Wellington, Culverden and Dunedin. Alternatively, one of our wonderful Mentors can travel to you by prior arrangement. Email us [email protected] before you enrol to confirm the cost of petrol or flights, travel time, accommodation and food allowance as well as the availability of a Mentor at a time that works for you.
- 14+ Hours of Video Content to complement all lessons – See demonstrations from multiple angles. Rewatch as often as you want, practice, and then always have that resource to go back to. Plus, having the demos pre-recorded means more productive time with your Mentor in-person where they can assist you directly without needing to show you everything from scratch.
- Online manuals to complement all lessons
- 7-Day access to Educators in our Student Facebook Group
- The opportunity to repeat classes in our online group sessions for free for 12 months
- Unlimited attempts at your Assessments – these are done online, or can be done in-person for an additional charge of $199 per attempt.
How does it work?
Within 2 business days of enrolling, you will receive access to the online components of your course, which you can access by logging into this website. Start working through the content in the order it appears. You will work through these super thorough online study materials before you attend any live one-on-one lessons. These study materials will be comprised of texts, videos and quizzes. You will have access to your Mentors via email, phone and our Facebook Group.
Once you complete the video content, you will attend your day of in-person training. Those Lessons can be booked around the availability of both yourself and your Mentor.
The schedule runs as follows –
Day 1 –
Student to watch all videos in ‘Compulsory Sections’
Day 2 –
9am – Beads and Ratios
9.30am – Natural Extensions (1 Hand, Model 1)
12pm – Lunch
1pm – French Extensions (1 hand, Model 1)
3.30pm – Removal, Cracks and Breaks (at least 3 nails, Model 1)
4.30pm – Backfill (1 nails, Model 1)
5pm – Finish
Day 3 –
Hard Gel Assessment (2 Hands, Model 2)
This Assessment can be done online for free, or in-person for an additional charge of $199 per attempt.
Although we want you to be able to complete your upskill in 3 days, if you do have more time, we recommend watching the online content over a longer period rather than all in one day.
If you travel to a Mentor in their hometown, models will be supplied for you. If a Mentor travels to you in your own hometown, you will need to supply all models.
Kits/Product to Learn With
Our training is product-neutral. We demonstrate with Artistic Nail Design products such as Colour Gloss but it’s important to us that your education is the priority and brand loyalty is a bonus.
You will need products to complete your course. We would love that to be the products that we sell, we just understand that some of you will already have products and some of you are working for salons already. We don’t want to force anyone to pay for products they don’t need.
Your options during lessons are as follows –
- If you want to buy a kit to set yourself up from home, you can do so under ‘Add Ons’ by the Add to Cart button on this page. The kit includes everything you need to practice the skills learned during lessons. The items are full size, but we anticipate you using up some items during training. We don’t anticipate you running out of anything – this should be all you need.
- You don’t have to buy everything at once (although it’s cheaper). You can buy items separately as you go, and you’ll find a Recommended Kit List inside the Module.
- You can use your own supplies during lessons as long as they are from a professional-only brand. You can post in our Facebook Group after enrolment to confirm appropriate brands.
You can pay using a credit card, bank transfer or LayBuy.
Getting Started - Compulsory Section
Before You Extend... - Compulsory Section
Basic Extensions - Compulsory Section
- French Hard Gel Extensions – Introduction
- French Hard Gel Extensions – Video
- French Hard Gel Extensions – Written Steps
- French Enhancement with an Extended Nail Bed
- Full Set of French Enhancements in Real Time (Part One) – Not Compulsory
- Full Set of French Enhancements in Real Time (Part Two) – Not Compulsory
Maintenance - Compulsory Section
- Hard Gel Backfill – Introduction
- Hard Gel Backfill on Natural Extensions – Video
- Hard Gel Backfill on French Extensions – Video
- Hard Gel Backfill – Written Steps
- Hard Gel Rebalance – Introduction
- Hard Gel Rebalance on French Extensions – Video – Not Compulsory
- Hard Gel Rebalance on Natural Extensions – Video – Not Compulsory
- Hard Gel Rebalance – Written Steps
- Hard Gel Removal – Introduction
- Hard Gel Removal – Video
- Hard Gel Removal – Written Steps
#GetYourGelOn Live Streams - May 2017