Introduction to Hard Gel – Short Course(from
Click to read our article ‘Top 5 Things to Consider When Choosing a Course’
Our online Hard Gel training is flexible and self-guided, with pre-recorded and live educator-led components.
It’s suitable for everyone from complete beginners through to experienced Nail Techs and Beauty Therapists who want to refresh their knowledge or upskill their previous training. Just make sure you meet the pre-requisites before you enrol!
During this Module we will cover –
- Picking up beads
- Natural-look Extensions
- French Extensions
- Filing and Structure
- Backfills (2-3 Weekly Maintenance)
- Rebalances (2-3 Weekly Maintenance for French Extensions)
- Fixing Cracks and Breaks
- Safe Hard Gel Removal
Your fees include –
- 14 Hours of Video Content to complement all lessons
- Online manuals to complement all lessons
- 7-Day access to Educators in our Student Facebook Group
- Unlimited attempts at your Assessments
After completing the pre-recorded content, you can choose to book an optional three-hour group video call with one of our Mentors for $49, or a one-on-one video call for $80 per hour. We use these sessions to troubleshoot any issues you have been having.
We require that you complete the online content first as it may answer many of your questions and solve many of the issues you are troubleshooting, leaving you able to make the most of your in-person session by only using it for skills you haven’t yet mastered.
Your time with a Mentor is completely customised to suit your needs and have you leaving confident and ready to go!
How does it work?
Within 2 business days of enrolling, you will receive access to the online components of your course, which you can access by logging into this website.
You can work through the content at your leisure. If needed, you can book in for a 3-Hour Online Mentoring session on Zoom where a Mentor can help troubleshoot any issues you’re having.
When you’re ready, book in for your Exam, also done via Zoom.
What is an Online Mentoring Session?
Essentially, a direct video link to a mentor. You tune in with a link we provide using the camera on your phone. We can see what you’re doing. You can what we’re doing. We can see your mistakes and show you in real time how to fix them. If you live near another student – get together at the same house/salon and stream in together!
To get the best out of your Virtual Classroom experience, I would also suggest getting an Octopus Tripod from Trade Me (they’re under $5), attaching your phone to it, and attaching the Octopus to your overhead desk light so that your phone camera is facing down over your work space. Make sure your phone can be plugged in to its charger from your desk and that you have a good wifi signal.
Are products included?
Not in the course fees, but you can add a Kit if needed.
The reason for this is that our training is product-neutral. We teach with Artistic Nail Design products such as Colour Gloss but it’s important to us that your education is the priority and brand loyalty is a bonus.
You will need product to complete your course online. We would love that to be the products that we sell, we just understand that some of you will already have product and some of you are working for salons already. We don’t want to force anyone to pay for product they don’t need.
If you want to buy a kit to set yourself up from home, you can do so under ‘Add Ons’ by the Add to Cart button on this page. The kit includes everything you need to practice the skills learned during lessons. The items are full size, but we anticipate you using up some items during training. We don’t anticipate you running out of anything – this should be all you need.
Alternatively you can buy items separately as you go (you’ll find a Recommended Kit List inside the Module), or you can use your own supplies.
You can pay using a credit card, bank transfer or LayBuy.
Before You Extend...
- Natural Hard Gel Extensions – Introduction
- Natural Extensions using Forms – Video
- Natural Extensions using Tips – Video
- Natural Hard Gel Extensions – Written Steps
- Natural Hard Gel Extensions – Self Evaluation
- Natural Hard Gel Extensions – Portfolio Submission
- Blood Spill Drill
- Blood Spill Drill Answers
- Natural Extensions with Blended Gels
- Full Set of Natural Enhancements in Real Time
- French Hard Gel Extensions – Introduction
- French Hard Gel Extensions – Video
- French Hard Gel Extensions – Written Steps
- French Hard Gel Extensions – Self Evaluation
- French Enhancement with an Extended Nail Bed
- Full Set of French Enhancements in Real Time (Part One)
- Full Set of French Enhancements in Real Time (Part Two)
- Hard Gel Backfill – Introduction
- Hard Gel Backfill on Natural Extensions – Video
- Hard Gel Backfill on French Extensions – Video
- Hard Gel Backfill – Written Steps
- Hard Gel Backfill – Self Evaluation
- Just a Reminder
- Hard Gel Rebalance – Introduction
- Hard Gel Rebalance on French Extensions – Video
- Hard Gel Rebalance on Natural Extensions – Video
- Hard Gel Rebalance – Written Steps
- Hard Gel Rebalance – Self Evaluation
- Hard Gel Removal – Introduction
- Hard Gel Removal – Video
- Hard Gel Removal – Written Steps
- Hard Gel Removal – Self Evaluation
#GetYourGelOn Live Streams - May 2017