Follow us for more insight into our courses –
Our IBX training is flexible and self-guided, with pre-recorded and live educator-led components.
This Module is suitable for anyone from complete beginners with no experience through to qualified Nail Techs wanting a refresher.
Please note that this course is ‘Pay-As-You-Go’, whereby at the time of enrolment, you pay a deposit. This is under the threshold for using LayBuy which means you can pay it off in 4 installments. Then, as you book each live lesson, you pay an additional fee, detailed below.
During this Module we will cover –
- What IBX is
- How it works and why you should use it in salon
- How to apply it in various situations
- How to upsell IBX to clients who need it
Your fees include –
- 1.5 Hours of Video Content. Pre-recorded Demo videos allow you to see a demonstration from multiple angles, up close, and with the benefit of rewatching.
- 7-Day Support via our Facebook Group. We have a beautiful, unparalleled community of like-minded folk in there, ready to welcome you.
- 5-Day Support via Email and Phone
- Unlimited attempts at your written assessment. Resits are done online.
This course does not include –
- Live Lessons where a Mentor will guide you through practicing each skill for the first time. This course is comprised of approximately 1 hours worth of lessons (depending on your speed).
- Live Lessons are optional if –
- You have previously completed training in the same subject and are using this course as a refresher.
- You plan on working towards the Introduction to Nail Technology – once you enrol, you’ll have no additional costs unless you need to resit your exam more than once.
- You only plan on doing a couple of modules and are happy with an A5 ‘Short Course’ Certificate.
- Live Lessons are compulsory if –
- You’d prefer to work towards the Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology.
- You only plan on doing a couple of modules and want a gold-foiled A4 ‘Comprehensive Course’ Certificate.
- Live Lessons can be completed one-on-one, either online or in-person, at a cost of $49/hour or $349 for an 8-hour day. You can also purchase them in bulk at a discounted rate here. Occasionally, group lessons will be available, at a cost of $49 for 3-hours.
- Live Lessons are optional if –
- A Portfolio Submission requirement.
- A Practical Exam component – we don’t feel this is necessary for IBX.
- A Kit. Our courses are brand neutral and we don’t want to force you to pay for products that you don’t want or need. However, we do sell Artistic Nail Design products and kits are available if you choose to add them.
How does it work?
At the time of enrolment, you pay a deposit. This is under the threshold for using LayBuy which means you can pay it off in 4 installments.
Within 2 business days of enrolling, you will receive access to the online components of your course, which you can access by logging into this website. You can work through the content at your leisure.
As you work through the pre-recorded content of each Module, you will often see markers that say ‘It’s Time to Book a Lesson’ (which refers to a live session with a Mentor). There will be instructions on how to book. You can see a breakdown of all lessons by downloading a Lesson Guide from our Student Resources page.
Lessons can be booked with complete flexibility around your own needs and availability, matched with the availability of your chosen Mentors. You might choose to attend only mornings, only afternoons, only weekends, or a total mix and match – it’s entirely up to you.
Lessons and exams can be completed online or in-person, at a cost of $49/hour or $349 for an 8-hour day. Occasionally, group lessons will be available, at a cost of $49 for 3-hours.
What if I’m not good enough?
Your live lessons are where, after watching the pre-recorded demonstrations, a Mentor can help you in real-time. There’s a misconception that you need to be good before you join a lesson but this is definitely false! A lesson is where your Mentor guides you through practicing for the first time – you’re not supposed to be a master.
Where are the courses held?
Our online courses are 100% Online including pre-recorded, live and exam components. Complete from your home or salon, no matter where you are. If you choose in-person lessons, these will be in the salon of your chosen Mentor. Mentors and their locations can be seen here.
Will I get a Certificate?
This Module is part of the Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology. A Sticker to add to your Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology certificate is included with this course, available after all criteria are met.
If you would like a certificate additional to the Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology qualification, you can purchase one in the ‘Certificates’ category of our online Shop.
Is there a Payment Plan?
If you’re on a budget, we recommend that you enrol in each Module one at a time. You can pay using a credit card, bank transfer or LayBuy.
A Small Change to the Course
- Get Stronger, Tougher, Healthier-Looking Nails: Check Out IBX
- Introduction to Famous Names
- What is IBX?
- Linda Nordstrom Talks About New Nail Industry Favorite, IBX
- The IBX System: What’s It All About?
- Why Should We Use IBX?
- Why Should We Use IBX? (Text Recap)
- Check Out Our Chemistry Training!
- How Does IBX Work?
- How Does IBX Work? (Text Recap)
- IBX Products
- IBX Application
- How to Use IBX on Natural Nails
- How to Use IBX on Natural Nails (Text Recap)
- IBX – Self Evaluation
- Common Mistakes
- Frequency of Application
- Marketing IBX to Your Clients
Bonus: IBX Boost