Manis and Pedis Refresher for Qualified Nail Techs(from
Click here to view our InstaWOF – A 10-Point Instagram Health Check
This training is for qualified Nail Technicians who want to update their skills.
This could be for one of several reasons – perhaps you qualified a long time ago and feel like your training is out of date. Perhaps you’ve taken a break away from the industry and need a refresher. Or maybe you trained elsewhere and feel your original training wasn’t as thorough as you would have liked or you just want a different point of view.
During this Module we will cover –
- Traditional Manicures
- Gel Polish Manicures
- Scrubs, Masks and Massage
- Traditional Pedicures
- Options for Male Clients
The fees include –
- 8+ Hours of Video Content – See demonstrations from multiple angles. Rewatch as often as you want, practice, and then always have that resource to go back to. Plus, having the demos pre-recorded means more productive time with your Mentor in-person where they can assist you directly without needing to show you everything from scratch.
- Online manuals to complement all videos
- 3 Hours with an Educator. Mentors are available in Mangawhai, Auckland, Tairua, Te Awamutu, Whakatane, Wellington, Culverden and Dunedin. Alternatively, one of our wonderful Mentors can travel to you by prior arrangement. Email us [email protected] before you enrol to confirm the cost of petrol or flights, travel time, accommodation and food allowance as well as the availability of a Mentor at a time that works for you.
- Products used during your one-on-one session
Will I receive a certificate?
Yes, but you will be required to show proof of existing qualification first and pass our The Theory of Nails exam, which you can attempt once for free. If you don’t pass, The Theory of Nails is $49 and exam re-sits are unlimited for 12 months.
How does it work?
Within 2 business days of enrolling, you will receive access to the online components of your course, which you can access by logging into this website. Start working through the content in the order it appears. You will work through these super thorough online study materials before you attend any live one-on-one lessons. These study materials will be comprised of texts, videos and quizzes. You will have access to your Mentors via email, phone and our Facebook Group.
Once you complete the video content, you will attend your 3 Hours of in-person training. Those Lessons can be booked around the availability of both yourself and your Mentor.
We require that you complete the online content first as it may answer many of your questions and solve many of the issues you are troubleshooting, leaving you able to make the most of your in-person session by only using it for skills you haven’t yet mastered.
Your time with a Mentor is completely customised to suit your needs and have you leaving confident and ready to go!
You can pay using a credit card, bank transfer or LayBuy.
“I did my Beauty Therapy qualification in 2011 and we ‘briefly’ touched on Manicures and Pedicures, I’ve been doing manicure and pedicure services for clients ever since and I thought I knew what I was doing until I started the Monaco module…….turns out I knew nothing! The detail and care that is in the training and the virtual classrooms was actually quite mind-blowing to me, I am so thrilled that I am upskilling – I wish I could go back to every client I’ve ever seen and redo there nails the way that Monaco has taught me as it would be a much higher standard!” – Becky
Traditional Manicure Services
- Natural Nail Prep – Video
- Natural Nail Prep – Written Steps
- Shaping The Natural Nail – Video
- Traditional Polish Manicure – Introduction
- Traditional Polish Manicure – Video
- Traditional Polish Manicure – Written Steps
- FAQ – What is 3-Free Polish?
- French Traditional Polish Manicure – Introduction
- French Traditional Polish Manicure – Video
- French Traditional Polish Manicure – Written Steps
- Introduction to Luxury Treatments
- Introduction to Luxury Treatments – Text Recap
- Practical Treatments – Text Recap
- Luxury Treatments – Prep
- Luxury Treatments – Repair/Treat
- Luxury Treatments – Relaxation
- Combos and Pricing
- Combos and Pricing – Text Recap
- Traditional Polish Manicure (Add Deluxe Upgrade) – Introduction
- Traditional Polish Manicure with Deluxe Upgrade – Video
- Traditional Polish Manicure (Add Deluxe Upgrade) – Written Steps
- Gel Polish Manicure with Deluxe Upgrade
- Traditional Manicure for Men – Introduction
- Traditional Manicure for Men – Video
- Traditional Manicure for Men – Written Steps
Gel Polish Services
- The Difference Between Applying Traditional Polish and Gel Polish
- Natural Nail Prep – Video
- Gel Polish Manicure – Introduction
- Gel Polish Manicure – Video
- Gel Polish Manicure – Written Steps
- French Gel Polish Manicure – Introduction
- French Gel Polish Manicure – Video
- French Gel Polish Manicure – Written Steps
- Gel Polish Removal – Introduction
- Gel Polish Removal – Video
- Gel Polish Removal – Written Steps
- Gel Polish Removal – Self Evaluation
- How Often Can We Buff the Natural Nail?
- Gel Polish Backfills
- Increasing Your Service Speed
- Correction Gel
- Custom Colours
- Working With Dark or Pastel Colours
- How Temperature Affects Gel Polish
- Six Common Gel Polish Mistakes
Gel Polish FAQs
- FAQ – Help! I Flooded My Base Coat!
- FAQ – How Do I Get Perfect Cuticle/Side Wall Lines?
- FAQ – What If I Messed Up My First Layer?
- FAQ – What Do I Do When My Client Knocks Her Nail On The Lamp?
- FAQ – Why Is It Burning?
- FAQ – Why Does My Gel Polish Chip?
- FAQ – Why Is My Gel Manicure Wrinkly?
- FAQ – Can I Use an E-File To Prep/Remove Gel?
- FAQ – Why Is My Gel Polish Shrinking?
- FAQ – Why Can’t I Get Even Coverage?
- FAQ – Why is my Gel Polish Lifting at the Cuticle?
- FAQ – Why is my Gel Polish Chipping at the Free Edge?
- FAQ – Why is my Soak Off Taking So Long?
- FAQ – How Do I Get Glitter Off?
- FAQ – Solutions for Weak Nails
- Introduction to Pedicures
- Natural Nail Preparation – Written Steps
- Traditional Polish Pedicure – Introduction
- Traditional Polish Pedicure (Includes Gel Polish Removal) – Video
- Traditional Polish Pedicure – Written Steps
- Gel Polish Pedicure – Introduction
- Gel Polish Pedicure – Video
- Gel Polish Pedicure – Written Steps
- Gel Polish Pedicure – Self Evaluation
- Deluxe Upgrade on Feet
- Why We Don’t Do Wet Pedicures
- Managing Callouses
- 10 Things Your Local Podiatrist Wishes You Knew
- Pedicure Set Ups
- A Refresher on Ergonomics