Our Dipping Systems training is flexible and self-guided, with online and educator-led components.
During this Module we will cover –
- The science behind Dipping Systems such as SNS and Artistic Perfect Dip
- How to apply a Dip Overlay
- How to maintain Dip Manicures
- How to remove Dip
- How to extend the natural nail with Dip
- How to create an ombre effect with Dip
Your fees include –
- 2 x 3-Hour Lessons – These can be completed in person at our Auckland studio or online via our Virtual Classroom video link. They are run by either an Educator or a Mentor (a Mentor is a high-scoring Graduate who we trust to work with our new students whereas an Educator has more experience and further training. The Educator or Mentor will demonstrate the skill you are learning that day and work with you to master it on your model.
- 7+ Hours of Video Content to compliment all lessons as well as bonus content
- Online manuals to compliment all lessons
- All product used during in-person lessons at our Auckland studio
- 7-Day access to Educators in our Student Facebook Group
- The opportunity to repeat classes for free for 12 months subject to availability.
- Unlimited attempts at your Assessments
How does it work?
Within 2 business days of enrolling, you will receive access to the online components of your course, which you can access by logging into this website. Start working through the modules in the order they appear. You will occasionally see markers that say ‘It’s time to book a Lesson’ (which refers to a 3-Hour block with an Educator or Mentor via our Virtual Classroom). There will be instructions on how to book.
Lessons can be booked with complete flexibility around your own needs and availability. You might choose to attend only mornings, only afternoons, only Mondays, or a total mix and match – it’s entirely up to you. Lessons are most frequently available from 10am-1pm and 2pm-5pm but we do also have a small number of sessions available on weekends and evenings (6-9pm).
You can also see a breakdown of all lessons by downloading a Lesson Guide from our Student Resources page.
If you are travelling to us for Lessons or just want to complete them all at once, you are absolutely able to do so, you just need to complete the online content first.
What is a Virtual Classroom?
Essentially, a direct video link to a mentor. You tune in with a link we provide using the camera on your phone. We can see what you’re doing. You can what we’re doing. We can see your mistakes and show you in real time how to fix them. If you live near another student – get together at the same house/salon and stream in together!
To get the best out of your Virtual Classroom experience, I would also suggest getting an Octopus Tripod from Trade Me (they’re under $5), attaching your phone to it, and attaching the Octopus to your overhead desk light so that your phone camera is facing down over your work space. Make sure your phone can be plugged in to its charger from your desk and that you have a good wifi signal.
Are products included?
Not in the course fees, but you can add a Kit if needed.
The reason for this is that our training is product-neutral. We teach with Artistic Nail Design products such as Colour Gloss but it’s important to us that your education is the priority and brand loyalty is a bonus.
You will need product to complete your course online. We would love that to be the products that we sell, we just understand that some of you will already have product and some of you are working for salons already. We don’t want to force anyone to pay for product they don’t need.
If you want to buy a kit to set yourself up from home, you can do so under ‘Add Ons’ by the Add to Cart button on this page. The kit includes everything you need to practice the skills learned during lessons. The items are full size, but we anticipate you using up some items during training. We don’t anticipate you running out of anything – this should be all you need.
Alternatively you can buy items separately as you go (you’ll find a Recommended Kit List inside the Module), or you can use your own supplies.
The Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology
This is Module 3 out of the 6 that combine to form the Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology. You do not have to complete all of them – you will be qualified in the specific skills of each Module as and when you complete each one; but our most successful Graduates tend to come from the Foundation Certificate with many running their own businesses and others working for well known salons such as Leah Light Studios.
The Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology is our most popular and most thorough qualification, covering manicures, pedicures, dipping systems, gel polish, hard gel, acrylic and polygel. The 6 modules it is comprised of are –
- The Theory of Nails
- Manicures and Pedicures
- Mastering Acrylic
- Dipping Systems
- Mastering Hard Gel
- Mastering PolyGel
– and we recommend that you work through them in the displayed order.
Humm’s ‘Big Things’ programme allows you to pay off up to $6,000 over up to 12 months, meaning you can enrol in the full Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology course AND get the optional kit and pay them off interest-free.
Create an account with them before clicking Enrol on your course for an easy checkout.
- Virtual Classrooms
- How to Get Extra Support
- Time Management
- The History of Dipping
- Are Dipping Systems Any Good?
- Let’s Talk About Hygiene
- Blood Spill Drill
- Blood Spill Drill Answers
- Cost per Service and Suggested Pricing
- Cost per Service Calculator
- Can I Dip If I’m Not Trained in Acrylic?
- Chapter Revision
The Science Behind Dipping Systems
- Natural Nail Preparation
- Natural Nail Overlay – Introduction
- Natural Nail Overlay – Video
- Natural Nail Overlay – Written Steps
- Natural Nail Overlay Cheat Sheet
- Natural Nail Overlay – Self Evaluation
- Natural Nail Overlay on Weak Nails
- Natural Nail Overlay on Weak Nails Cheat Sheet
- Adding Strength Cheat Sheet
- It’s Time to Book a Lesson!
- Need Help?
- Natural Nail Overlay with French Finish – Introduction
- Natural Nail Overlay with French Finish – Video
- Natural Nail Overlay with French Finish – Written Steps
- Natural Nail Overlay with French Finish Cheat Sheet
- Natural Nail Overlay with French Finish – Self Evaluation
- Evidence of ‘Stain Resistance’!
- How to Apply Tips (from Tech Booster: Hard Gel)
- Tip & Overlay Extensions
- Male Manicures
- Artistic Nail Design ‘Perfect Dip’ Handout
- Chapter Revision
- Cloudy Top Coat
- Layers Not Setting
- Nail Art Over the Top
- Pitting in the Top Coat
- Sculpting with Monomer
- Lauren – Why would a Dip Nail crumble at the tip?
- Stella – My Removal is taking FOREVER!
- Stella – What product should I use to embed a Glitter Fade?
- Stella – Which Top Coat should I use over Water-Based Paints?
- Stella – Is there a way I can get around Gel Polish Top Coat peeling?
- Vana – Lifting at the Free Edge
- Amanda – My Top Coat isn’t as shiny as I’m used to?
- Need Help?
- Chapter Revision