Introduction to Nail Technology Pre-Sept 2023(from
Please Note – This course is not available to new enrolments.
For our current course offerings, please click here.
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
The Introduction to Nail Technology is a shorter version of the Foundation Certificate, designed to give you insight into all aspects of the nail industry before you specialise. It’s great for people who have played around at home and now want to fill in the gaps and get a qualification, or for people who want a taster of all modules.
This online training is flexible and more self-guided than our comprehensive courses, with primarily pre-recorded rather than live educator-led components.
This Module is suitable for complete beginners with no experience.
What does Short VS Comprehensive mean?
Short courses are quicker and cheaper than a comprehensive course. We consider Short Courses to be a way for everyone to get a foot in the door, no matter your time or budget constraints. Short Courses are more self-guided, where it is up to you to ask for support and monitor your progress.
Your fees include the following Modules –
- The Theory of Nails (value $49)
- Introduction to Manicures and Pedicures (value $149)
- Using the IBX System (Full version, value $1)
- Introduction to Builder in a Bottle (value $149)
- Introduction to Dipping Systems (value $89)
- Introduction to Acrylic (value $149)
- Introduction to Hard Gel (value $149)
- Introduction to PolyGel (value $149)
- Introduction to Pre-Formed Soft Gel Extensions (value $89)
- E-File Upskilling for Beginner Nail Techs (Full version, value $399)
- The Art of Nails (Full version, value $149)
- Salon Success: Business, Marketing and Social Media (Full version, value $519)
Total value $2040
Combined, these include –
- Over 130 hours of in-depth Video Content. Pre-recorded Demo videos allow you to see a demonstration from multiple angles, up close, and with the benefit of rewatching.
- 2 x compulsory 3-Hour Lessons within the E-File Module – These are live lessons that can be completed online via our Virtual Classroom video link. The Educator or Mentor will demonstrate the skill you are learning that day and work with you to master it on your model.
- 7-Day Support via our Facebook Group. We have a beautiful, unparalleled community of like-minded folk in there, ready to welcome you.
- 5-Day Support via Email and Phone
- Unlimited attempts at your Assessments for Theory, Manicures, BIAB, Acrylic, Hard Gel, PolyGel and IBX
This course does not include –
- Live Lessons other than the two mentioned above. We keep the cost of our Short Courses down by not including any Live Lessons. You can choose to add these for $49 Per 3-Hour Group Session Or $80 Per Hour One-On-One
- A Portfolio Submission requirement.
- Free resits for your E-File Assessment.
- A Kit. Our courses are brand neutral and we don’t want to force you to pay for products that you don’t want or need. However, we do sell Artistic Nail Design products and kits are available if you choose to add them.
What’s the difference between this and the Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology?
Both courses include the same pre-recorded online content, and have the same exams to pass.
The Foundation Certificate also has 150+ hours of live video lessons with Mentors, as well as Portfolio Submissions (homework) that we give you feedback on. We’re with you all the way, getting you to the point of sitting your exams. The Introduction to Nail Technology requires you to be more self-guided and use the pre-recorded resources to get you to your exams without us (although you do have the option of paying extra to have more help in the form of 3-Hour group video lessons for $49 per lesson).
Essentially, the Foundation Certificate guarantees you will be great at the end – you can even repeat the included lessons for free inside your 12-month Study Period if you’re not confident enough to sit your exams. With the Introduction course, you get the instruction (pre-recorded video and text content) and the verification (exams) but no guidance (lessons, portfolio work) to keep you on track.
The certificates are different to reflect the difference in depth of knowledge and experience.
If you like the price of the Introduction Course but want the knowledge, experience and prestige of the Foundation Certificate, try the Pay As You Go Foundation Cert!
How does it work?
Within 2 business days of enrolling, you will receive access to the online components of your course, which you can access by logging into this website. You can work through the content at your leisure. When you’re ready, book in for your Exam, also done via Zoom.
What if I’m not good enough?
Complete the detailed pre-recorded content and then choose to add live lessons if you WANT to, for $49 Per 3-Hour Group Session Or $80 Per Hour One-On-One
We require that you complete the online content first as it may answer many of your questions and solve many of the issues you are troubleshooting, leaving you able to make the most of your in-person session by only using it for skills you haven’t yet mastered. Your time with a Mentor is completely customised to suit your needs and have you leaving confident and ready to go!
Where are the courses held?
Our online courses are 100% Online including pre-recorded, live and exam components. Complete from your home or salon, no matter where you are.
Will I get a Certificate?
Yes, you can order a certificate for the Introduction to Nail Technology qualification. You can then order stickers to add to it, representing each Module completed, as all criteria for each module is met.
Is there a Payment Plan?
*Important Note Regarding the Builder in a Bottle Module –
A few of the videos in this module (all shorter ones, thankfully) have an audio echo. We must have bumped a setting or something, because they’re all from one particular filming session and the audio is fine in videos shot before and after that session.
We have discussed re-shooting them, but, as a team, have come to the conclusion that as the majority of these were adlibbed and we are proud of the information they contain, we don’t want to re-shoot and end up with an inferior level of information in the new video. It’s always hard to make the same adlib magic twice! We have discovered that the echo varies in effect between listening devices, so if it is significant for you, try with and without headphones or on a different device if you can.
The way we price our courses is based on the hours of live classes, not the hours of pre-recorded content, and you do still get 12 hours of live education with a mentor, no matter what. Using the same formula that we always use to cost out and price our courses, this Builder in a Bottle module should be $349. In light of the audio defect and our decision to leave it in the module, we have reduced the price, and hope you still enjoy the course.