Setting Up A Business From Scratch (4/12)(from
Click here to view our article ’25 Things to do on Social Media This Month’
Whether you’re yet to start your training or you’ve been in business for years, this workshop will get you up to speed on literally EVERYTHING you need to know to take your next step with the right foot.
We’ll teach you how to choose a business structure, probably sole trader or limited liability company, set up your banking, find an accountant, purchase accounting software, and set up your insurance.
You can watch our Salon Success workshops in any order but our recommended order makes this #4 of 12
After each section, you do a Chapter Revision. This is what students have written about this Module –
“My advice to anyone who is starting out is no matter how much you already know, to do courses like this, as there is always something new to learn and take into consideration. As humans it’s only natural to think we know best [but] sometimes that’s simply not the case and we all need a little direction here and there.”
“What are three things you will do in future because of what you learnt in this module?
- I will be hiring an accountant. I am a stresser at the best of times so having someone take most of the guess work out of this side of business will be worth it’s weight in gold. It was nice to know it is a recommended option too not just an “easy” choice as such.
- I will keep a record of all my set up costs etc so as to get into a good habit of keeping records of things as it was something I hadn’t considered. After seeing this module I now understand why we record and keep track of everything.
- I won’t be so scared of starting my business as I didn’t realise the simplicity of being a sole trader. I was always under the impression that setting up a business came with huge cost and legality.
What advice would you give to a newbie based on what you learned in this Module?
Prepare to get a lot of info. So many questions you have at the start will be answered by the end. Take down notes or list any questions that pop up in your mind as you go, because then you can go into our Facebook group and see if its been asked before! Chances are it has!“
Setting up a Business From Scratch
- Types of Businesses – Sole Traders
- Types of Businesses – Partnerships
- Types of Businesses – Limited Liability Companies
- Examples of the Email and Text Reminders for your Annual Return
- Types of Businesses – Limited Liability Companies: Useful Links
- Being the Director of a Company
- Banking and Taking Payments
- Accounting and Record Keeping
- Accounting and Record Keeping: Useful Links
- Tax Return Deadlines for Easy Reference
- Q&A: Claiming Your Course Fees as a Business Expense
- Lauren’s Experience With ACC
- Module Revision
- Up Next –