PolyGel Upskilling for Qualified Nail Techs(from
Please Note – This course is not available to new enrolments.
For our current course offerings, please click here.
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Our PolyGel training is flexible and self-guided, with pre-recorded video demonstrations followed by live, in-person lessons.
Pre-recorded video demonstrations mean that you can watch from multiple angles, rewatch as often as you want, practice, and then always have that resource to go back to.
Having the demos pre-recorded also means more productive time in person with your Mentor. While they will absolutely re-demonstrate anything you need to see again, not needing to show you everything from scratch means more productive time having them assist you with your work.
This Module is suitable for qualified Nail Technicians who want to update their skills.
This could be for one of several reasons – perhaps you qualified a long time ago and feel like your training is out of date. Perhaps you’ve taken a break away from the industry and need a refresher. Or maybe you trained elsewhere and feel your original training wasn’t as thorough as you would have liked or you just want a different point of view.
What does Short VS Comprehensive mean?
Short courses are quicker and cheaper than a comprehensive course. We consider Short Courses to be a way for everyone to get a foot in the door, no matter your time or budget constraints. Short Courses are more self-guided, where it is up to you to ask for support and monitor your progress.
We consider Comprehensive Courses to have a guarantee of quality. Between pre-recorded videos, live lessons, free repeats on live lessons, exams and free repeats on exams, there is no way that you will not be a great Nail Tech when that certificate goes on your wall.
During this Module we will cover –
- When to offer Putty
- Natural-look Extensions
- French Extensions
- Backfills (2-3 Weekly Maintenance)
- Safe Removal
- Baby Boomers
- Nail Art
Your fees include –
- 3 Hours of live, in-person lessons with a Mentor. Head to our About page to see which Mentor is closest to you. Email us [email protected] before you enrol to confirm the availability of your preferred Mentor at a time that works for you.
- 10+ Hours of pre-recorded video content.
- 7-Day Support via our Facebook Group. We have a beautiful, unparalleled community of like-minded folk in there, ready to welcome you.
- 5-Day Support via Email and Phone
This course does not include –
- A Practical Exam Component. If you’re completing this module, you already have a qualification and a Short Course is about just boosting your knowledge.
- A Portfolio Submission Requirement. Again, as you are already qualified, you don’t need to prove yourself, we just want to support your knowledge and confidence.
- A Kit. Our courses are brand neutral and we don’t want to force you to pay for products that you don’t want or need. However, we do sell Artistic Nail Design products and kits are available if you choose to add them.
How does it work?
Within 2 business days of enrolling, you will receive access to the online components of your course, which you can access by logging into this website. Start working through the content in the order it appears. You will work through these super thorough online study materials before you attend any live one-on-one lessons. These study materials will be comprised of texts, videos and quizzes. You will have access to your Mentor via email and our Facebook Group.
Once you complete the video content, contact us to arrange your in-person training. Those Lessons can be booked around the availability of both yourself and your Mentor. Live classes are completely customised to suit your needs, where a Mentor can watch you work, demo anything you need, and guide you to success.
What if I’m not good enough?
After completing all pre-recorded content and all live classes, you can choose to book additional live lessons for $49 per 3-hour online group session Or $80 Per Hour One-On-One (online or in-person)
Where are the courses held?
Our regional Mentors teach from their own salon spaces. Head to our About page to see which Mentor is closest to you.
Alternatively, one of our wonderful Mentors can travel to you by prior arrangement. Email us [email protected] before you enrol to confirm the cost of petrol or flights, travel time, accommodation and food allowance as well as the availability of a Mentor at a time that works for you.
Will I get a Certificate?
You can purchase a certificate for $15 in the ‘Certificates’ category of our online Shop. For short courses, this is an A5 Certificate, No foil. Our certificates reflect the amount of work put in, and our Short Courses for qualified Nail Techs are really just a knowledge boost.
Is there a Payment Plan?
Before You Extend