Mastering Pre-Formed Soft Gel Extensions – Comprehensive Course(from
Click to read our article ‘Top 5 Things to Consider When Choosing a Course’
Our online Pre-formed Soft Gel Extensions training is flexible and self-guided, with pre-recorded and live educator-led components.
During this Module we will cover –
- Product Knowledge
- Natural Nail Prep
- Sizing and Preparing Tips
- Plus FAQs and how to troubleshoot common beginner mistakes
Please note that while the information in this course is as product-neutral as possible, we do teach with Artistic Gel-On Extensions.
Your fees include –
- 2 x 3-Hour Lessons – This can be completed online via our Virtual Classroom video link. Lessons are run by a Mentor (a Mentor is a high-scoring Graduate who we trust to work with our new students whereas an Educator has more experience and further training). The Mentor will demonstrate the skill you are learning that day and work with you to master it on your model.
- 4+ Hours of Video Content to complement all lessons
- Online manuals to complement all lessons
- 7-Day access to Educators in our Student Facebook Group
- The opportunity to repeat classes for free for 12 months, subject to availability.
- Unlimited attempts at your Assessments
How does it work?
Within 2 business days of enrolling, you will receive access to the online components of your course, which you can access by logging into this website. Start working through the modules in the order they appear. You will occasionally see markers that say ‘It’s time to book a Lesson’ (which refers to a 3-Hour block with an Educator or Mentor via our Virtual Classroom). There will be instructions on how to book.
Lessons can be booked with complete flexibility around your own needs and availability. You might choose to attend only mornings, only afternoons, only weekends, or a total mix and match – it’s entirely up to you. Lessons are most frequently available from 10am-1pm and 2pm-5pm but we do also have a small number of sessions available on weekends and evenings (6-9pm or 9am-5pm).
You can also see a breakdown of all lessons by downloading a Lesson Guide from our Student Resources page.
What is a Virtual Classroom?
Essentially, a direct video link to a mentor. You tune in with a link we provide using the camera on your phone. We can see what you’re doing. You can what we’re doing. We can see your mistakes and show you in real-time how to fix them. If you live near another student – get together at the same house/salon and stream in together!
To get the best out of your Virtual Classroom experience, I would also suggest getting an Octopus Tripod from Trade Me (they’re under $5), attaching your phone to it, and attaching the Octopus to your overhead desk light so that your phone camera is facing down over your workspace. Make sure your phone can be plugged into its charger from your desk and that you have a good wifi signal.
Are products included?
Not in the course fees, but you can add a Kit if needed.
The reason for this is that our training is product-neutral. We teach with Artistic Nail Design products such as Colour Gloss but it’s important to us that your education is the priority and brand loyalty is a bonus.
You will need product to complete your course online. We would love that to be the products that we sell, we just understand that some of you will already have product and some of you are working for salons already. We don’t want to force anyone to pay for product they don’t need.
If you want to buy a kit to set yourself up from home, you can do so under ‘Add Ons’ by the Add to Cart button on this page. The kit includes everything you need to practice the skills learned during lessons. The items are full size, but we anticipate you using up some items during training. We don’t anticipate you running out of anything – this should be all you need.
Alternatively you can buy items separately as you go (you’ll find a Recommended Kit List inside the Module), or you can use your own supplies.
You can pay using a credit card, bank transfer or LayBuy.
Lesson Guide and Housekeeping
- Welcome to the Pre-Formed Soft Gel Extensions Module
- What IS a Pre-Formed Soft Gel Extension?
- How is a Pre-Formed Soft Gel Extension Different to Tips-and-Glue?
- Are Pre-Formed Soft Gel Extensions Right For Your Salon?
- An Introduction to the products in the Artistic Gel-On Extensions range
- How to Price Pre-Formed Soft Gel Extensions Services
- Full Set of Pre-Formed Soft Gel Extensions – Introduction
- Natural Nail Prep
- Natural Nail Prep – Written Steps
- Sizing Tips
- Sizing Tips – Written Advice
- Application – Written Steps
- It’s Time to Book a Lesson!
- Super Important Peer Advice
- Full Set of Pre-Formed Soft Gel Extensions – Self Evaluation
- Full Set of Pre-Formed Soft Gel Extensions – Portfolio Submission
- Just a Reminder
- FAQ – What are my options for completing a Soft Gel Extensions service?
- Full Set of Pre-Formed Soft Gel Extensions in Real Time
Maintaining Pre-Formed Soft Gel Extensions
- Soft Gel Extensions Backfill – Introduction
- Soft Gel Extensions Backfill – Video
- Soft Gel Extensions Backfills – Written Steps
- Soft Gel Extensions Backfills – Self Evaluation
- Blood Spill Drill
- Blood Spill Drill Answers
- How to Soak Off Soft Gel Extensions – Introduction
- How to Soak Off Soft Gel Extensions – Video
- How To Soak Off Soft Gel Extensions – Written Steps
- It’s Time to Book a Lesson!
- Soft Gel Extensions Removal – Self Evaluation
Artistic Gel-On Extensions (Brand Specific) FAQs
This Post Has 8 Questions
which online course would i need to do to learn to apply shellac ?
This one 🙂 https://monaco.ac.nz/course/online-manicures-and-pedicures/
I’m trying to add on the kit how much is it
Hi Bella. The soft gel extensions kit is $249+gst. We are currently out of stock of this but you can select the products that are in the kit separately to build your own kit. The only thing in the kit that can’t be purchased separately is the mini lamp (its exclusive to the kit)- but we do stock the Z Lamp which will allow for hands free curing & work in the same way.
Hey can you give me details of when can i start nail course and how long it will take to finish. Also how do i payment by installment or all together? Where u based in Auckland?
As long as you meet the pre-requisites, qualified in The theory of nails & Manicures & pedicures.
All our courses are online, you must complete all lessons & do an assessment at the end, all on zoom. The amount of time it takes you is all up to you, as our courses are self-guided.
You can either pay using Laybuy, Bank transfer, or Credit card 🙂
Hi, i purchased a course prior to covid and wasnt able to complete the course in the yearly period as my laptop died and due to finances I have only recently been able to replace the laptop. When I try to login to the website my email adress is rejected. I am recieving emails from you to my email adress I used. Please help Cheers
Hey Birgit! We will send you an email 🙂