Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology – 2 Week Trial(from
Click to read our article ‘Top 5 Things to Consider When Choosing a Course’
This trial version of the Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology is designed to give you a chance to try out online learning, see what our teaching style is like, and complete a live online lesson. We aim to show how thorough our courses are and that online learning can be just as comprehensive (if not more-so) as in-person learning.
The Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology
The Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology is our most popular and most thorough qualification, covering manicures, pedicures, dipping systems, gel polish, hard gel, acrylic and polygel.
- Your fees include the following Nail Tech Basics Modules –
As well as your choice of 4 additional Modules out of –
You can enrol in all of them at the same time here, or spread your classes out to help with budget and time constraints.
This trial includes –
- The first section of The Theory of Nails
- The first few pre-recorded lessons of Manicures and Pedicures
- The first live lesson of Manicures and Pedicures
- Bonus Content from our Art and Business training modules
You will have access to the content for 14 days. During this time we would recommend prioritising the Manicures and Pedicures content and attending that live lesson so you can get a real feel for what the rest of the Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology will be like.
Once you enrol in the full course, you can cross-credit the live lesson – you do not need to repeat it.
A product kit is not provided with this course but the lesson we have chosen to include uses items and products that most untrained nail enthusiasts will have at home already. We’ll save the pro-only products for the full course!
You can enrol one module at a time to spread out payments and can pay using a credit card, bank transfer or LayBuy.
'The Theory of Nails' Trial
'Manicures and Pedicures' Trial
- Welcome to the Manicures and Pedicures Module
- Recommended Kit List – Full Manicures and Pedicures Module
- What Products Will I Be Using?
- What to Look For in a Gel Polish Brand
- Natural Nail Prep – Video
- Natural Nail Prep – Written Steps
- Shaping The Natural Nail – Video
- Traditional Polish Manicure – Introduction
- Traditional Polish Manicure – Video
- Traditional Polish Manicure – Written Steps
- It’s Time to Book a Lesson!
- Traditional Polish Manicure – Self Evaluation
- Traditional Polish Manicure – Portfolio Submission
- How to Pass the Manicure Assessment
- Need Help?
- Chapter Revision
Bonus - Sample Lessons from 'Mastering Acrylic'
Bonus - Sample Lessons from our 'The Art of Nails' Modules
Bonus - Sample Lessons from our 'Salon Success' Modules
- ‘Welcome to Salon Success’ from ‘Introduction (1/12)’
- ‘Introduction to Me and Monaco’ from ‘Introduction (1/12)’
- ‘Personal vs Non-Personal Branding’ from ‘The Very First Things You Need To Do (3/12)’
- ‘Types of Businesses – Sole Traders’ from ‘Setting Up A Business From Scratch (4/12)’
- ‘Cancellations and No Shows’ from ‘Creating Policies For Your Salon (7/12)’
- ‘Your Target Market’ from ‘Marketing and Social Media (12/12)’
- ‘Reverse Engineering Your Goals’ from ‘Marketing and Social Media (12/12)’
- ‘Cold vs Warm Audiences’ from ‘Marketing and Social Media (12/12)’
Enrolling in the full Foundation Certificate in Nail Technology
This Post Has 2 Questions
Hi, i’m after a real basic gel nail course, as I am aware working with gel is much different to typical nail polish? Would you reccommend a course? That can be done via home.
This one for sure! https://monaco.ac.nz/course/manicures-and-pedicures-online-beginner-short/